As I mentioned in the “God IN Us” post, my attempt at the “God FOR Us” Message was feeble. One of my followers asked for it, so I pray it comes across better in written form than it did in spoken form.
- God gave us His Son FOR our salvation (Isaiah 9:6). “For UNTO US a child is born.” GOD did that FOR US because we were without salvation, and Jesus was the only way.
- GOD gave us commandments FOR our protection (Deut. 6:24). “And the Lord commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day.” I love the illustration Chonda Pierce gave about God’s commandments. As she was speaking on stage, she talked about the neon line that protected her from falling off stage. But she also highlighted all the room she had behind her to move and play. God protects us with His guidelines.
- GOD gives us difficulties FOR our development. I heard a message today about how the silversmith knows he is done when he can see his face reflected in the silver. So it is with God.
- GOD the Son prays FOR us. Numerous verses highlight how Jesus is at the right hand of the Father praying for us. How awesome is that?
- GOD is a refuge FOR us (Psalm 62:8). He is a place where we can be safe.
- GOD fights our battles FOR us. The statement from the story of David and Goliath resounds in my mind – “The battle is the Lord’s.”
God is FOR us! I’ll close by sharing our song set from last Sunday.